08 Dec Travel to ignite your creativity
MEAx Australia | Travel to ignite your creativity | 8th December 2021
Travel promotes self-discovery, human connection and empathy. It’s about seeking out experiences where you can learn something new, and it fosters cross-cultural understanding. As Mark Twain wrote in his travelogue; travel is “fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”
Travel opens the mind to new ways of thinking and has long been linked to improved creativity. According to Adam Galinsky, a professor at Columbia Business School, visiting a foreign place and immersing yourself in the local culture increases your cognitive flexibility. It also enhances “depth and integrativeness of thought,” which in turn boosts creativity, innovation, and imagination.
Travel quenches curiosity and can also act as a rite of passage. An opportunity to step into the unknown, full of curiosity and wonder, and reimagine what life could look like. A promise to enact longings for adventure and stretch ourselves beyond previous ways of being. A pause to reflect, reboot and re-enter with renewed passion and sense of purpose.
Last weekend, some of the MEAx Australia team took to the road together for a long awaited (long) weekend in South Australia. We talked, we laughed, we shared good food and wine and we practiced and embraced what it means to be a modern elder … generous, playful, audacious, curious, and wise. We may not have gone far afield, but as author Pico Lyer said; “Travel is not really about leaving our homes but leaving our habits.” After six months of ‘virtual’ connection we were reminded of the magic of human connection and the power of travel to activate the senses and stimulate creativity, innovation and imagination.
The MEAx Team
FIND YOUR WORKSHOP FIT
FLOURISH IN MIDLIFE & BEYOND
– Is it time for a major review of your life?
– Find your calling?
– Facilitate your own ‘great midlife edit’
– Consciously curate the rest of your life.
Sat 29 Jan – Thurs 3 Feb
Sat 26 Feb – Thurs 3 March
THE BIG RESET
– Are you stuck?
– Recalibrate your priorities?
– Get inspiration for your next chapter
– Find your calling
Thurs 8 Feb – Thurs 10 Feb
Sat 12 Feb- Mon 14 Feb
THE MODERN ELDERLY
– Looking to design your best possible next stage?
– Considering your legacy?
– Hear about the blue zones and trends in longevity.
– Become a true modern elder.
Sat 5 March – Thurs 10 March
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. All workshops are being held at Dantosa Blue Mountains Retreat (a 90-minute drive from Sydney – see picture below).
2. Each workshop is strictly limited to 12 participants
3. Our early bird pricing has been extended to December 17. Click here for pricing information.
4. Price includes all accommodation, meals, drinks, activities and full course curriculum.
5. If you’re curious but still have questions, then please come to a free online information session – this Friday December 10 at 2pm (AEDT). Click here to reserve a spot OR click here to schedule a call with a member of the MEAx team.